- Founding Board members (from left to right): Charlotte Disalvo, Rae O'Keefe, Wendy Weeks, Brenda Jagdis, Bev Kissinger.
Community Options was formed by a group of committed parents and supportive professionals in 1988. While the organization has grown since its inception, we strive to maintain the original vision of creating an inclusive community.
- believe that every person is entitled to be fully involved in his or her community
- believe that each person has the right and is best able to decide what specific resources he or she requires and how those requirements are met
- believe in the importance of families
- are guided by each person’s abilities and dreams
- acknowledge and respect each person’s right to dignity and choice
- believe that sharing activities and information brings people together