If you are interested in a contract position as either a Respite Caregiver, a Community Inclusion Worker or Home Share Provider, please see the information below:
We are often looking for people who are interested in becoming respite caregivers.
The application process includes:
- completing a full application form
- having an interview with a Program Coordinator
- providing three references (including one personal and two work or volunteer experiences)
- obtaining a criminal record check
- obtaining a medical record check
- having, or be willing to get, a First Aid and CPR Certificate
There may be extra steps in the application process for people wanting to work in the Children’s Respite Program.
The safety and wellbeing of the person in respite care is paramount. Therefore potential caregivers are screened very thoroughly. Once the application and screening process is complete, the application is presented to the Screening Committee, who determines the final approval.
If you are interested in becoming a respite caregiver, please call our office at 250-380-6363. You will be connected with either a children or adult coordinator who will get some basic information about you and answer any questions you may have. If you prefer, you may complete this pre-screening form online and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.